Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit Review
It’s not simply just in the product’s name—our parents tell us that Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit truly is pure magic! Devotees swear by it, saying it’s the only thing that helped their babies sleep through the night. If you’ve heard about the purported wonder garment and you’re wondering about the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit cost and/or the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit pros and cons, you’ve come to the right place.
In this Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit review, we will share the following:
- What is Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit?
- Are there safety concerns with Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit?
- How much does Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit cost?
- What are the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit pros and cons?
What is Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit?
Known as a “swaddle transition” product, Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit is a sleeping garment designed to provide the same cozy feel and startle-reflex-prevention as a swaddle blanket or sleep sack, but with additional features aimed at promoting better sleep. Designed by a mom of four who is also a pediatric physical therapist, the puffy garment is constructed with an integrated layer of polyfil which gives it more weight and helps baby feel more secure and constricted—leading to the “magic” sleep improvement.
Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit has the following details:
- Two full-length zippers on either side of the sleep suit for an easy-on, easy-off fit
- Open arm and leg holes so hands and feet can easily move around (and so baby doesn’t overheat)
- A scooped neckline to keep the fabric from getting too close to baby’s face
- Made of soft, breathable, CPSIA safety-certified materials: an inner layer of jersey cotton, an outer layer of either cotton or microfleece, and the polyfill insert
- Available in two sizes: 3 to 6 months (12-18 lbs) and 6 to 9 months (18-21 lbs)
Are there safety concerns with Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit?
You can’t do a Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit review without examining safety. As with all baby sleep products, Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit is designed for back sleeping and should be used following all safety guidelines. According to the manufacturer, every shipment of Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit undergoes extensive safety lab testing and quality control inspections. In addition, the sleeper suits are made from CPSIA safety-certified materials. So, we feel confident in saying that the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit is safe for your little one.
How much does Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit cost?
Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit retails for $40. While that’s certainly more than a regular pair of footie pajamas, moms and dads who swear by its sleep-inducing power feel the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit cost is more than worth it.
What are the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit pros and cons?
Before deciding if the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit is right for your baby, take a look at our list of
Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit pros and cons:
- Provides a weighted, secure feel that helps baby sleep soundly but has open arms and legs so baby’s hands and feet are free to wiggle
- Can be used for babies up to 9 months (swaddle blankets need to be retired once baby is old enough to roll over)
- Acts as a great transition between swaddling and a sleep sack or regular PJs
- Warm and cozy for winter!
- Double zippers make it easy to dress and undress baby
- Diaper changes can be cumbersome when baby is in the Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit since you have to take their legs out of the suit in order to access the diaper
- The thick fabric takes a long time to dry after it has been laundered. Many parents suggest having one or two extra suits on hand to account for the extra drying time.
- The thick fabric is warm, and in some climates and/or seasons, might be too warm to be a comfortable option.